TELL US ABOUT YOUR PROJECT
Fill in the key information for your event in less than a minute, an advisor will contact you as soon as possible.Your project
In a context of limited gatherings, many companies resort to digital events. However, filming and broadcasting a live event requires a certain expertise... Follow our advice to organize your digital event with peace of mind.
An essential step for any event: defining the objective and the message to be broadcast. A clear objective will allow you to better define the format of your digital event: conference, round table, end of year greeting, product launch... and above all to determine where you want to set the scene! Two solutions are available to you depending on the type of event you wish to carry out and your needs:
- Do you have a clear idea where this place is? Within your company, in an atypical place or a place that is important to your business, it is possible to install all the necessary equipment for video capture.
- Organize your event in a studio fully equipped for video capture. This option has the advantage of being simpler to set up since the equipment is already installed and of having an optimal connection for streaming. However, this solution will leave you less room for customization. Atawa has several partnerships with recording studios with different atmospheres depending on the desired universe: TV set atmosphere, industrial decoration...
Once the objective and the location of your event has been chosen, it's time for the technical part!
A set of cameras, microphones as well as a lighting system and led screen can be installed according to your needs. To ensure the coherence and the good progress of your event from A to Z, a video control room is installed. The latter is in charge of punctuating the live event with other supports and animations prepared beforehand such as a powerpoint presentation or a film.
Define your target audience and the online platform for your event
As for any event, it is essential to have a precise idea of the target audience you want to invite to participate. Indeed, it is from the target audience and the desired level of personalization, that the broadcasting platform on which the event will be broadcasted in live streaming will result:
* Broadcasting on social networks. Broadcast your event live on social networks such as facebook, instagram, linkedin or youtube. As everyone has access to your live event, this method has the advantage of reaching a very large audience. Sponsoring the live event also gives you the opportunity to target an audience that you don't address yet.
* Broadcasting on a video platform like livestorm, Evapp.io, which allows you to choose and add options to your event such as: live chat, poll...
* Broadcast on a dedicated html page. This solution allows you to fully customize the space on which your audience accesses your event: the URL, the design of the page, as well as the target audience. It is also possible to create a personalized and unique platform in the company's colors.
* Broadcast on your company intranet. Ideal to communicate effectively and simply with your employees.
* Broadcasting on a video host. There are several websites whose objective is to broadcast your video content such as vimeo for example.
Digital events represent a communication challenge that is all the more important as the speakers are at a distance from their audience. To keep your audience engaged throughout the event and make your event a memorable one, several solutions exist.
You can make your digital event more dynamic by playing on the overall scenography of your event (lighting, decor, staging) and more particularly on what is called the infodecor. The infodecor, consists of a screen positioned at the back of the stage on which is projected an image or video on the entire surface of the screen or in the form of several windows. This technique allows the decor of your event to evolve as it does. If you want to illustrate your words with diagrams or definitions, or project animated images to immerse your audience in different worlds, the infodecor is what you need!
Don't forget to put people back at the heart of your event by planning moments of interaction with the public. During a live streaming, you can give your audience the opportunity to ask their questions and answer them live thanks to the setting up of a chat. If you want a more original and educational approach, there are other solutions such as online quizzes or word clouds for example.
Finally, one last piece of advice, don't underestimate the importance of breaks. Remaining attentive over a long period can be difficult for a user who is far from the excitement of the event and potentially subject to small disturbances (you have to go and take your dog out!). It is also important to alternate institutional and information moments with lighter, interactive passages!
Broadcast encoder: also called a video server, it allows you to link the image stream from your cameras to the broadcast platforms. To do this, the encoder uses an internet connection, fiber optic, 4G, satellite, or a back-up link.
Virtual reality: is a technology that allows a person or a group of people to be immersed in an artificial virtual setting.
Phygital: mixed between a face-to-face event and relayed to remote sites.
Webinar: event broadcast on the internet bringing together an audience of a few dozen people for at least 2 hours. Often limited to 1 speaker, the webinar allows a specific subject to be addressed, illustrated by visuals.
Livestreaming: real-time videostreaming.
Topeur: conductor of the event, the topeur coordinates all the technicians and stage managers on the event. The topeur makes sure that each part of the event is properly sequenced by giving the "top" on the change of the different slides or jingles, the light and music as well as the inputs and outputs of the scenography elements.
To summarize, in order to have a successful digital vent you need to ask yourself the following questions:
- What is the message I want to spread and for what purpose? This will enable you to determine the ideal location for the organisation of your event (studio, in your company...), and to determine your need for technical equipment. Your service provider can also advise you on the technical equipment you need to set up to make your digital event a success.
- Who do you wish to communicate with? Once you have defined your type of event and your audience, you can choose the platform that best suits your needs.
- How do I engage my audience? Despite the physical distance, don't forget to put the human being back at the heart of your event by planning moments of interaction with your audience.